Sunday, 15 January 2017

The mandatory Hello World...

I've started working with Microsoft's Azure and am loving it!

However, it has been a bumpy ride at times, hence I decided to create this blog to document some of my experiences with it, as well as some of the hurdles I had to jump over to get going.


I'll start with a few posts. One will be a shameless copy of my own article in LinkedIn describing your options for controlled ways to play with Azure knowing you won't break your wallet. I'm copying it over so as to keep all that info together in this new site.

A couple more will soon follow: "How to install and use Azure CLI on your Windows 10's Subsystem for Linux" (this one had me going through a few bumps, hence feeling the need to share this information), and then "How to connect to multiple services in a single PowerShell session" (not strictly Azure, but also contemplates Azure as well as Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, Office 365 and even local Exchange installations - handy for the SysAdmin that needs "one PowerShell to rule them all". This last one is mostly taken from a similar post, but I adapted and improved quite a bit, so I figured I should share that as well (and of course I'll link to the original article!)

I hope this and more to come will be useful to other people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment